Real Estate Planning
Estate planning entails deciding how a person’s possessions will be protected, handled, and distributed in the event of their passing or incapacity.
Our real estate planning services includes the bequest of assets to heirs and the settlement of estate taxes. Arranging a will, establishing trusts, establishing charitable donations to save inheritance taxes, selecting an executor and beneficiaries, and making funeral arrangements are all examples of planning responsibilities that we cover for you.
Houses, vehicles, stocks, fine art, life insurance, pensions, and debt are examples of assets that might be included in a person’s estate. Planning an estate can be done for a number of purposes, including conserving family wealth, supporting a surviving spouse and children, paying for the education of children or grandchildren, or leaving a philanthropic legacy.
Writing a will is the first step in estate planning. The following are some more significant estate planning tasks:
- lowering estate taxes by establishing beneficiary-named trust funds
- appointing a guardian for dependents who are still alive
- appointing an estate executor to manage the provisions of the will
- naming new beneficiaries or changing existing ones for plans including life insurance, IRAs, and 401(k)s
- Organizing funeral services
- establishing yearly gifts to approved charities and nonprofits to lower the taxable estate
- establishing a durable power of attorney (POA) to manage other resources and investments
If you need immediate assistance or our help, contact us and let’s set up your real estate planning!
WATCH OUR VIDEO
Here’s our list of partners we’ve worked with to solve tax preparation and more!